Monday, January 30, 2012

H&R Block Taxcut Installation Failure

I was trying to install H&R Block Taxcut 2011 software on a 64-bit Windows 7 system and got the following "Installation Failure" message:


If you get this message, it may be because you tried to run "tcauto.exe". Try running the file "/installers/HRBlock_Basic+Efile_2011_CD.exe" instead. This worked for me.

By the way, I had precisely this same issue last year. I guess the folks at H&R Block did not read this blog and try to fix the issue.

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger chris said...

Thanks! Had to install 2011 on my new computer to import my last year returns. 2012 installed fine.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger AnnieB said...

I got what I paid for - NOTHING! Unsolicited 2013 CD-ROM freezes on "splash". When I tried running executables from "installers" folder, I was told to use "tcauto.exe".

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have four CDs of the same software AnnieB. I've tried two. The first one was identified as a blank CD-R. It won't autorun, running tcauto.exe freezes on splash. It was for problems like these that I quit using TurboTax and made the switch. It looks like these free H&R Block disks are going to become the scurge that AOL was years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home