Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finding New Music

I find it a strange challenge to try to find new music I like. There is something about music that makes it hard to predict if I will like a new CD in my collection. Unlike movies, where there are many new movies each year than I am fairly certain I will enjoy, I find that with music I have no idea if I will like an artist until I listen to an entire album a few times.

They have all of these websites now that analyze your collection, or recent tracks on your playlist, and make suggestions for you. But I rarely find that they hit the mark. Maybe one day I will figure out the single nugget that is shared by all of my favorites. Until then, I guess I will just have to hope that I keep randomly finding some new artists that I like.

Or maybe if I keep staring at the list below (my most played artists of 2006), some trend will emerge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home