Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Black Parade


Got a new album from Lala the other day called "The Black Parade" by My Chemical Romance. I would highly recommend it. When you first listen, it sounds like some of the currently popular bands like The Killers or All-American Rejects. But I really felt that this was more of an epic album, like a theme album that you might get from a collabortation of Queen and Pink Floyd, with a Green Day edge mixed in. It is also refreshing that this album was produced at a higher fidelity than some of the other stuff I have been listening to recently (like The White Stripes or Pavement).

If you're not familiar with My Chemical Romance, you will likely recognize this video, a song which has led to their recent surge in popularity. The video is sort of an emo version of Sergeant Pepper. I can't figure out why this song wasn't nominated for any Grammys, but I suspect it missed the cutoff because it was released right around Sept/Oct timeframe. So it will probably be one of those deals like "Drops of Jupiter" where it wins a year and a half after the song comes out and everyone is completely sick of it being played to death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home