Friday, November 17, 2006

HOA Smoking Ban

This article (HOA Rule Forbids Couple To Smoke In Their Own Home) produced an unexpected survey result. Only 36% of people agree with me that it is legitimate for a homeowners association to have a rule regarding smoking.

I always wondered about the argument: "where am I supposed to smoke - out in the cold?" I guess there is something about the sanctity of the home that people always seem to want protected. As a Libertarian, I usually agree. But you have to draw a line any time you are doing harm to others.

I'm sure the next logical step will be for the smokers to sue the HOA for expenses of treating their frostbite -- right after the money runs out that they got from the tobacco companies for making them smoke in the first place.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger BrianM said...

http://rantsofthickness.blogspot.com/2006/01/enough-with-smokers-protests.html

I've already stated my position on the banning of smoking in your own home.

HOA's get out of control sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home