Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Targeted Ads

Ok, I'm starting to get a little creeped out by the targeted banner ads.

I bought a porch swing from porchswings.com. Now everywhere I go, I am seeing ads for porchswings.com in my browser. Not only that, it's the exact swing that I bought. And if you click through, it says that swing is no longer available. My dead swing is stalking me on the internet:


Notice on the above page, it's in two different places on the page!

Do they really think I'm going to go back and buy another porch swing? And how did all these other sites get a hold of my browsing history? Or even worse, my purchasing history!

Then I went to look at a platform bed, and now guess what keeps showing up in my banner ads?


Yep, same bed. When did these ads get so good?

AAAAAAAGGGGH!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home