Monday, November 02, 2009

Voting

Random thoughts about voting today:

1. There were 8 losers waiting in line for the ONE electronic voting machine, while I walked right up and finished my paper ballot in one of the TEN empty paper ballot booths.

2. I asked the guy who signed me in if I could use my own pen, and he had no clue. What happened to three days ago when everyone was camping overnight for their H1N1 flu vaccinations? I guess people are over that now, and have moved on. So they are all touching that one black pen, or (worse) the same spot on the touch screen. (By the way - yes, I used my own pen)

3. I can never decide whether to take the handouts from the annoying campaign workers who greet you as you walk in. I usually take them, because the papers will be recycled either way but at least it makes the people feel better for waking up early and taking their time to be out there. On the other hand, maybe this is just encouraging them to do this and waste all that paper in the first place. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home