Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Google - One Hit Wonders

A fun activity is to try to type something into Google that will generate exactly a single hit - no more and no less. Of course, one way to do this is to keep typing in more and more words until the results list shortens to one. (example: melancholy eggcarton frog civil blight Halloween unfocused). But it is more fun and harder to try to do it with a reasonable search that just has some unusual words or combinations in it.

Below I will list any examples of actual reasonable searches where the result was a single hit. The ultimate is to do it with just 1-3 search words.

Date Search Words
10/21/05 trainingauth
02/20/06 "caucasian fry cook"

Send me yours and I will add them to this list!

===============
Update 11/1/05

As expected, I am not the first to discover this concept. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlewhack for a summary of what is called Googlewhacking. I still think it will be fun to keep track of my own list, though.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger shoshanamom said...

I wish I knew of this because I had this happen to me recently but I can't remember what I was looking up. it may have been a search for a restaurant menu. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home